Monday, February 11, 2013


It has been 4 1/2 weeks since we appeared in court.  These past weeks have been the hardest and longest of my life.  I just sit and stare at Kenzie's picture wondering if we will ever have her home.  It still all seems like a distant dream.....not a reality.
This week the courts are closed for CNY.  So in a weird way I am relaxed this week....I still really want to have her at home with me and in my arms.  But I also know that I do not have to wake up each morning wondering if I have an email or if today will be the day. 

So I am going to be honest....I have a goal for this week while the courts are closed....
My goal is to spend this week praying, fasting, and working on my heart.  I have had a lot of jealousy over the past week.  Their have been couples that have brought home their babies home recently and it is very hard to see their excitment and how their babies are growing and changing when my sweet girl is thousands of miles away....and right now we have no end in sight as to when we will bring her home.  So God and I need to have some time to work through these issues!

We celebrated Chinese New Year with our THOGL friends this past weekend.  It was so much fun!  I enjoyed catching up with new and old friends.  I am so thankful for the people that adoption and THOGL has brought into my life.  Some of my very best friends!

Please continue to pray for us...

*Pray that as soon as the courts open back up we will get our first decree.
*Pray that Kenzie remains healthy and safe.
*Pray for our finances (we are still short on plane ticket money....trusting God to provide).
*Pray for my heart as we wait.

Love you all!

No comments: