Monday, December 31, 2012

WAIT

A four letter word that holds so many emotions for me.....hope, frustration, trust, anger, love, worry, faith.....and the list could go on and on. 


WAIT

In life we are required to wait on so many things.  jobs, money, love, ADOPTION.  Waiting is a part of everyone's life.  Some wait patiently....others....like me....wait very unpatiently. 

What kind of "waiter" are you?  What is your attitude in your waiting?  Who or what do you rely on?

It is in your waiting that your true character is revealed. 

When you pray "Lord, let YOUR will be done."  Do you REALLY mean that?  Or are you actually praying with a selfish heart knowing your prayer actually means "Lord, let MY will be done"  If we prayed that prayer with pure motives we would never question God and His timing. 

I get it.....like I said I am someone who does not wait well.  I hate not having control...I hate not being in control....I hate not knowing the outcome.  But you know what I hate even more....not completely allowing God to handle my wait.  I get so frustrated with myself for giving in to satan and his evil plans to still the joy out of my waiting, the prayer out of my waiting, the full reliance on God out of my waiting.   

This has become my daily prayer..
"God, I am going to be faithful in the NOW and trust that when YOU decide to answer my prayer (in your way) you will."

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

As Christians we often over look the fact that we will have troubles.  We expect life as a Christian to be easy, for God to answer our prayers exactly how we want them to be answered.  But if there is one thing that I have learned in my 33 years on this earth is that God rarely answers my prayers in the way that I want.  Does He answer them...yes....but rarely in "my timing" or "my plans".  So, yes we will have troubles...we will have waiting, but God promises to overcome.

So I leave you with this....
How are you in your waiting?
Will you still follow HIM even if HIS plan is not your plan....HIS timing is not your timing?

No comments: