Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My encouragement....

I haven't been getting much sleep lately for a variety of reasons....it isn't because I am not tired....because I am stinking exhausted.  I just haven't really wanted to sleep because I would much rather be working on other stuff.  God is so good and he has truly blessed my family! 

There are those times when you look at your life and you feel completely overwhelmed by it all....but after over a year of feeling that way...I get it.  God knows what he is doing.  He is in control!

My dear friend, Kate, has a necklace that she made and it simply reads...."be still"  There have been so many times in my life that God has been whispering those words to me...yet I have chosen to ignore them.  But when I finally listened...HE stilled my heart and gave me my greatest desire! 

We are on a journey.  Our journey does not look like anyone else.  It is a journey that has had some major highs and some major lows....but I wouldn't change it for anything.  It is a journey that is easy to judge by others....a journey that others can look at and say "you should do it this way or that way".....but I don't want others opinions to try and change it...because it is ours!  God has used our journey as a testament of his redeeming power and love.  He has chosen US to be his vessels.....wow....what a calling!  

Let Him be the author of your life...."be still"....rest in Him.  Remember it is easy to become very jealous of what others have or what others have been blessed with....but rest assure in your journey....God has you exactly where HE wants you!!

Much love...

No comments: