Tuesday, November 23, 2010

There is SO much to be thankful for during this holiday season.....as I sit here and think about this amazing journey that God is taking me on I get goosebumps. It has not always been easy, there has been MANY tears, lots of pain, lots of questions and lots of prayers. But one thing that has remained....the thankfulness in my heart. This journey to K has awakened in me something that I am not sure that I was (or even am) ready to deal with. I have been completely stripped of all comforts and normalcy. Things that have been lingering in my past have begin to resurface because of the vulnerable state that God has allowed us to be in. It has been exhausting, frustrating, and at times almost unbearable. The other day I received an email from a friend here in K and they reminded me to find JOY in all circumstances. That I must endure...that I must press on. That night as I opened my bible I was reminded in James of that exact same thing. James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." God has a purpose for us here in K....sometimes it seems that purpose is just to survive while other times it seems that he wants to refine us and build character....but then some of the most exciting times are when I have a conversation with 2 of my students about Jesus Christ and why he is my Savior. Again...I don't know the exact reason that God brought us here...but I am thankful. I am thankful that HE trusted us with this mission.
So as I sit around a HUGE Thanksgiving table this Thursday and I look at all my fellow friends who have given their lives to the work in K, I will remember and be thankful because I am blessed, I will have Joy, and I promise to endure.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you all,

No comments: