Friday, October 19, 2012

Orphans


2 billion Christians...
132 million orphans...
If the church arose each child could be provided for 15 times over.


What will YOU do?
November 4...Orphan Sunday...YOU can make a difference!


I am so passionate about adoption and about orphan care.  Long before Richard and I realized that we would grow our family through adoption we wanted to adopt.  It was actually something we talked about on our very first date.  So thankful he felt the same wasy as I did because that could have been a deal breaker ;)  But God knew what He was doing! 

My life has been so blessed through adoption.  I think about Kyler and the gift his bio mother gave to us.  I think about our future child(ren) and the gift they will be to our family. 

You can make a difference. 
Here is my challenge for you:

First Challenge:
Give a financial gift of any amount (it can be $5, $10, $20, $100) towards someone you know that is adopting.  That might mean you don't get your weekly Starbucks or you dont take your family through the drive thru.  We ALL have places that we can cut back.  I know that the times in my life when I have given financially towards helping someone adopt have been the times that God has blessed my family in huge ways!  Money is very tight for Richard and I right now but I PROMISE to you that I will also complete this challenge.  **If you do not know of a family that is currently adopting please contact me and I can give you a couple of names** 

Second Challenge:
Pray about adopting, fostering, or being involved in your local orphan care ministry.  Adoption and fostering can be very scary but their are so many people that have done it....you will instantly be a part of a new family just by taking a step of faith.   

God will use you....He will break your heart for the Fatherless.  God commands us to take care of the orphans.  Will you do your part?

Celebrate life with me......celebrate the life of an orphan being able to have a forever family!

3 comments:

April said...

I love it Tiff! My thoughts exactly! Everyone can help- even if it seems small or significant, every one of us can help in some way. Can I steal this?

Tiffany said...

Sorry I am just now seeing this....yes of course you can steal :) Love you friend!

Worthy of the Prize said...

Awesome! Would love for you to link this post to our Adoption Awareness Linky Party!

http://worthyoftheprize.blogspot.com/2012/11/adoption-awareness-linky-party.html